The building of Ramakrishna Mission, Shillong at the present site was completed and in the same year this center got affiliation the headquarters of Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math. It was a dream came true which was conceived by revered Swami Prabhanandaji Maharaj (Ketaki Maharaj) which was put forth at the managing committee in 1929 at the Jagarnath Temple Premises in which Swami Shankaranandaji Maharaj happened to be present. Swami Bhuteshanandaji Maharaj became the first secretary of the Mission.
In 1948, the construction of present temple building was completed and was dedicated to Sri Ramakrishna 'for the benefit of all castes and creeds'.
Relief work was carried on during Burma evacuation in the year 1942 because of the second world war. Swami Bhuteshanandaji Maharaj took the responsibility at pandu , Amingaon and Assam.
In 1944, Swami Virajanandaji Maharaj visited the Mission and gave spiritual initiation to many aspirants from Shella, Cherapunjee and Sylhet. In 1945, relief work at Dimapur, Nagaland was carried out for three months because of the Second World War. Witnessing this well-managed relief work of Swami Bhuteshanandaji Maharaj, Robert Reed, the then Deputy Governor of Assam commented, "I had no idea that any Indian Organization can do relief in such an organized way."
In 1946 Swami Sadhananandaji Maharaj succeeded Swami Bhuteshanandaji Maharaj as the Secretary of the Mission.
Relief Camp at Dawki (1947), Swami Chandikanandaji Maharaj was in charge of the relief work. Swami Hridyanandaji Maharai and Mr. Subodh Chakraborty assisted him for this relief work aiming to the partition of India.
In 1948 Swami Saumyanandaji Maharaj succeeded Swami Sadhanandaji Maharaj. There was relief work in Shella and Cherapunjee due to food scarcity.
1949 May, Swami Ranganathanandaji Maharaj visited the Ashram on his way for a lecture tour in Assam.
Celebration of Durga Puja that was performed at Laithumkhrah was shifted to the Ashram Premises.
Mr. Kothari, a devotee and philanthropist proposed Swami Ranganathanandaji Maharaj who was on his tour to Assam to run a school at the Sweepers' colony. The Swami approved the proposal and a school was started with 20-25 children.
The Shillong Municipal invited the mission to establish a charitable Dispensary for serving people at Laitumkhrah.
The Foundation Stone for the Charitable Dispensary was laid by Sri Bishnuram Medhi, the then Governor of Assam. In his public speech he commented that Ramakrishna Mission is served humanity without converting them to any particular religion.
After the earthquake in Shillong in 1950, the Students' Home was started by Swami Kashikanandaji Maharaj with two Miri boys of Michiang, Sri Dharmeswar Peggu and Mukhyanath Patir.
The bigger Students' Home was started in 1945. In the same year Swami Chandikanandaji Maharaj a children's wing named "Sarada Samsad" to introduce Indian Culture and education to these little boys and girls.
The charitable Dispensary building was inaugurated by Sri Jairamdas Doulatram, the then governor of Assam. Swami Vireswaranandaji Maharaj and Gambhiranandaji Maharaj were present on the occasion. Swami Bhavyanandaji Maharaj took the charge of Dispensary.
The marble image of Sri Ramakrishna was installed in the chapel by the most revered president Maharaj, Swami Shankaranandaji Maharaj. On this occasion many were initiated . Swami Prameyanandaji Maharah (then Brahmachari Ramgopal) was initiate at that time. The Vivekananda Library was opened for the public.
Many books were published in different languages such as Bengali, Khasi, English, Asamese, etc. March 10th to 14th, 1945 Birth Centenary of Holly Mother was celebrated.
Many Khasi Students were sent to Ramakrishna Mission, Sharisa for higher studies. Flood relief at Dibrugarh, Upper Assam was carried on for six moths by Swami Sannyanandaji Maharaj, Swami Hridyanandaji Maharaj and Ram Maharaj in 1954. In the same year a crack was noticed on the bridge on Brahmaputra river in Guahati. Swami Bharyanandaji Maharaj operated relief work for the people there.
During the period Swami Gahananandaji Maharaj had arranged Pathachakras in different pockets of Shillong keeping in view the difficulties of the people to the Ashram.
Swami Bhavyanandaji Maharai took the charge of Guahati Mission that became an independent center afterwards.
In 1956, drought relief was carried on in Hojai. In 1957 March, Swami Vishudhanandaji Maharaj visited the Ashram. May, 1958 Dr. P.N. Sen became the first Medical Officer in the Charitable Dispensary. He served there till Sept 1976. In the year 1959 after the Durga Puja a night School was started at Nartiang at the request of local people. Already the building work was started but in spite of the local people co-operation and interest the district council of Jowai put restrict on it. Hence, the Mission withdrew from this endeavor in early 1961. Drought relief at Rongia was carried on.
In April 1960, Srimat Swami Vishuddhanandaji Maharaj the then President of the Order visited the Ashram and initiated many.
A center for education at Along, NEFA (New Arunachal Pradesh) was started under the guidance of Swami Bhavyanandaji Maharaj.
In the year 1961, to provide medical services in the far away villages Mobile Dispensary was started. Now the Mission Conducts it for four days a week that covers almost seventy villages around Meghalaya. In 1963 Birth centenary of Swami Vivekananda was celebrated. On this occasion a procession was there from the Mission Campus to the Laban House where the great Swami Stayed during his journey to Shillong.
In order to commemorate this the road from the Raj Bhavan to the New Secretariat was named as 'Vivekananda Road' by the Shillong Municipal Corporation.
Bangladesh relief work was undertaken due to the partition of East Pakistan and Pakistan. In 1974, to create interest and encouragement to indigenous culture an Annual Cultural Competition was started by the Mission. There was a flood relief camp was held in Naogaon, Assam in the year 1975-76. In 1980 the temple was renovated.
Srimat Swami Vireshwaranandaji Maharaj visited the mission and initiated many spritual seekers.
Srimat Swami Bhuteshanandaji Maharaj paid a visit to the Mission and many were initiated during this time.
In the year 1987 Golden Jubilee of the Mission was celebrated. In 1992, the Quinton Hall, Jail Road, Shillong was taken over by the mission and was named Vivekananda Cultural Center. Since then it has been working in educational and cultural fields to create and sustain awareness for Indian Culture.
In 1997, the Diamond Jubilee was celebrated.
In April 27, 2002 Centenary celebration of Swami Vivekananda's visit to Shillong was celebrated.
On Jan 12, 2006 a life size statue of Swami Vivekananda was unveiled by Mr. M.M Jacob, the Governor of Meghalaya.
On March 17, 2007 the newly built three storied Charitable Dispensary was inaugurated by Rev. Swami Smarananandaji Maharaj, the General Secretary of Ramakrishna Mission.